You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix this or What to do about it??

i have phone that is about 2yrs old and I finally realized that it want update and I looked up why and it says that the model name could be the problem so I looked at the model name and it says iPhone 7 when this phone is an Se and I reset the phone and everything and it still says the same thing this was when I use my backup data. I don’t know what else to try.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 10:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 10:19 PM

chasity236 Said:

"i have phone that is about 2yrs old and I finally realized that it want update and I looked up why and it says that the model name could be the problem so I looked at the model name and it says iPhone 7 when this phone is an Se and I reset the phone and everything and it still says the same thing this was when I use my backup data. I don’t know what else to try."

-------

A Glitch in Apple's User Database?

I would contact Apple Support, asking them if there is a glitch in their user database. While on the phone, perform a screensharing session with the Apple Rep, so they can see this firsthand, from your perspective.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2023 10:19 PM in response to chasity236

chasity236 Said:

"i have phone that is about 2yrs old and I finally realized that it want update and I looked up why and it says that the model name could be the problem so I looked at the model name and it says iPhone 7 when this phone is an Se and I reset the phone and everything and it still says the same thing this was when I use my backup data. I don’t know what else to try."

-------

A Glitch in Apple's User Database?

I would contact Apple Support, asking them if there is a glitch in their user database. While on the phone, perform a screensharing session with the Apple Rep, so they can see this firsthand, from your perspective.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jul 12, 2023 9:12 PM in response to chasity236

chasity236 Said:

"So do you just contact apple support and what to do after that…"

-------

Show the Model Using Screensharing:

Show them the model and Serial Number of your iPhone, by screensharing it. Enable the speakerphone what tiles with them, so that you can see what you are doing while maneuvering the screen. Then go to Settings > General > About. And then show them what you see. Show them other info, if desired --but getting this all assorted is what this call is confined to.

How to fix this or What to do about it??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.