You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i pay off the balance on the carrier for an iphone that i do not own

i got a brand new iphone 14 pro max, purchased from a store vendor while i was in the US visiting, now i'm back home, i made sure to check to see the phone wasn't black listed, but it turns out, it's still locked to AT&T carrier and the balance hasn't been paid off, when i try to unlock it, it asks me to pay off my installment, but to do that i have to login to my AT&T account which i do not have, how do i pay off this phone as a third party so i can unlock the network carrier

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 10:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 10:33 AM

Here is what AT&T says:

ATT cannot and will not access an account or accept payment from a 3rd party. The original buyer is entirely and solely responsible to pay off the phone and their bill.

I am sorry, but I do not think that you will be able to use the phone. Contact the store and ask if they will refund your money.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2023 10:33 AM in response to Dribblegod99

Here is what AT&T says:

ATT cannot and will not access an account or accept payment from a 3rd party. The original buyer is entirely and solely responsible to pay off the phone and their bill.

I am sorry, but I do not think that you will be able to use the phone. Contact the store and ask if they will refund your money.

how do i pay off the balance on the carrier for an iphone that i do not own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.