You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple not work to reduce down the screen capture video size

Why does Apple not work to reduce down the screen capture video size, in MacBook Pro?

Posted on May 24, 2023 9:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 1:57 AM

I am sure that if screenshots were reduced in size there would be lots of complaints.

I most certainly understand that for most uses - notably for posting here in the forum - the screenshots come out too big. I deal with this every day.

Here is what I do:

a) I use the regular Command-Shift-4 and drag (or occasionaly Command-Shift-5)

b) With Command-Shift-5, I set my options to "Save to" Preview. This makes it so every time I take a screenshot, it immediately opens in Preview

c) I added a keyboard shortcut to Tools->Adjust Size...

c) I press this shortcut and type 50 and press enter. This reduces the size to 50% very quickly.

d) I also take the opportunity to use Preview to add any annotations, cover any private information etc before posting.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2023 1:57 AM in response to my9999

I am sure that if screenshots were reduced in size there would be lots of complaints.

I most certainly understand that for most uses - notably for posting here in the forum - the screenshots come out too big. I deal with this every day.

Here is what I do:

a) I use the regular Command-Shift-4 and drag (or occasionaly Command-Shift-5)

b) With Command-Shift-5, I set my options to "Save to" Preview. This makes it so every time I take a screenshot, it immediately opens in Preview

c) I added a keyboard shortcut to Tools->Adjust Size...

c) I press this shortcut and type 50 and press enter. This reduces the size to 50% very quickly.

d) I also take the opportunity to use Preview to add any annotations, cover any private information etc before posting.

Why does Apple not work to reduce down the screen capture video size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.