You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps not deleting

I have tried the screen time thing where you go into the restrictions and turn it to allow deleting apps. I have also tried shutting down my phone, and also trying to delete apps from storage in settings but nothing is working does anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 14, 2023 10:19 AM

9 replies

May 16, 2023 2:53 PM in response to LewDawgy

Hello LewDawgy,

We would like to see how we can help you with being unable to update your apps. Which iOS version are you currently running? Go to Settings > General > About for the version. Are you receiving a specific error when attempting to delete the apps? Just to confirm, are you following the steps from this link: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

"How to delete an app

1. Touch and hold the app.
  2. Tap Remove App Remove App icon.

An iPhone screen showing the menu that appears when you touch and hold an app. Remove App is the third option in the menu.

3.Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm."

Give us some more specific details about what happens when trying to delete your apps, and we can go from there.

May 18, 2023 11:29 AM in response to LewDawgy

Hi LewDawgy,

Thanks for the screenshots. With the option to delete the app not appearing, there is something within the software which is causing this.

Is your iPhone supplied by a school or employer? If so, then you'll want to contact the Administration or IT Department, as they could have this action restricted within the management software.

Get started with a supervised iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If your iPhone is not a supervised device, then we'd advise to contact Apple Support, so they can look into this further.

Get Support

Take care!

May 17, 2023 7:57 AM in response to Sean_B1

I’m on version 16.1.2 and when I try to remove and app so pressing and holding on the app icon all it says to me is to share app or add to Home Screen. People have said you can solve this by allowing deleting apps in your screen time settings however I have tried that and am unable to figure out how to delete apps. I have also tried to delete them from the storage section.

Apps not deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.