You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple Music for Windows so slow - specifically loading under the Browse section?

Apple Music for Windows using the latest Itunes version (but it's always been like this) is so slow to load pages under the Browse section. Why is this? Do Windows users get lower priority access to the Apple servers? My PC runs everything else perfectly fine so I know it's not my computer.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 12, 2023 6:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2023 11:01 PM

I installed the Apple Music app from the Microsoft store and I can confirm it is slow and not very responsive, enough to make the experience unpleasant.

Are there any known fixes, optimisations that would help improve the experience?

10 replies

Nov 4, 2023 8:07 PM in response to TheLittles

Highly doubtful, w a 3080ti and a r9 7950x3d im able to run over 10 applications and windows just fine at 2k resolution. Pulling 400+ frames in game, Doubt it would be a stress overload on the cpu when its usage is not even reaching 10%.

I have re installed multiple times and still have the same issue. It constantly freezes and i need to restart the app for it to function again. Not to mention i cannot switch the output while on the application i would have to restart, the little things matter.

If possible to work update to fix these issues with the buggy app on windows.

May 12, 2023 7:07 PM in response to jasonszk

jasonszk Said:

"Why is Apple Music for Windows so slow - specifically loading under the Browse section?: Apple Music for Windows using the latest Itunes version (but it's always been like this) is so slow to load pages under the Browse section. Why is this? Do Windows users get lower priority access to the Apple servers? My PC runs everything else perfectly fine so I know it's not my computer."

-------

Lagging Apple Music for Windows:

It's probably an issue with the OS install itself. So, try using Disk Defragmenter to defrag your hard drive, and running Disk Cleanup.

Jun 22, 2023 10:34 AM in response to Fighting-Freddie

Fighting-Freddie Said:

Very unlikely to be the issue. Let's be honest, it's a glorified web-app. Windows defrags itself nowadays, as someone with a modern PC with mid-tier gaming specs, I can confirm Apple Music should not be as slow as it

———-

Overview the CPU with Task Manager:

Well, it’s a PC —which get lots of junk on it. So, look at the Task Manager, and see what exactly is running in the background. Some thing is eating up the CPU’s usage.

Secure your PC:

Use frerware like Malwarebytes, Spybot Search & Destroy, and AVG Antivirus. All three are free, coincide, and don’t get in each othersway. So, use art three and you won’t have to pay for Norton at this and that stuff.

Nov 4, 2023 8:23 PM in response to ResentDex

ResentDex Said:

"Highly doubtful, w a 3080ti and a r9 7950x3d im able to run over 10 applications and windows just fine at 2k resolution. Pulling 400+ frames in game, Doubt it would be a stress overload on the cpu when its usage is not even reaching 10%."

-------

You're using a Windows PC here.

So, post this is in Microsoft's Forums: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com. Being you are using Windows, and not a Mac here, you'll likely get the answer you need there.

Why is Apple Music for Windows so slow - specifically loading under the Browse section?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.