You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Fitness Bug

Updated my watch in December from a series 5 to a series 8 and it stopped recording my workout routes. I’ve checked everything- from workout settings, privacy settings, location services, motion and activity, and gps settings. I’ve gone on a walk with my phone, without my phone, reset my phone, reset my watch, deleted the fitness app and reinstalled it and none of that fixed it. I even checked compass and map on my watch to make sure that my watch is able to see my location and is tracking it- but the fitness app doesn’t show these stats. I called apple support to discuss this and found out it’s a known bug that the watch will record everything about your walk but the map only shows the starting point. When will it be fixed? I’d like to have my cardio fitness values but that’s not possible unless the route is recorded.

Posted on May 3, 2023 10:44 AM

2 replies

Jun 14, 2024 11:47 AM in response to ng469

I just spent multiple sessions on the phone with tech support for the same problem and they came to the same conclusion - it’s a “known issue” and they’re “working on it.” I bought this Apple Watch 9 in Feb 2024 and that wasn’t “known” to me then. It’s disheartening to see that it was “known” to them by then and they said nothing. I asked tech support if getting a new watch would fix it and they said they couldn’t be sure. It’s software, not hardware.

Apple Fitness Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.