You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message/Whats app notification beep mute in car while listening music

Can you please let me know solution to how can i mute message, whats app & other push notifications beep in VW car while listening to music through bluetooth.

The notification beeps are very annoying & irritating while enjoying driving with good music in car.

regards

apple xs user

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 8:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 10:32 PM

Hello virajrajpurkar!

Have you considered using Driving Focus: Use the Driving Focus on your iPhone to concentrate on the road - Apple Support.

The features offered when using Driving Focus, seem just what you are looking for.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

5 replies

Feb 19, 2024 2:05 AM in response to virajrajpurkar

Solution from Reddit:

Open Shortcuts app > "Automation" tab > Add Automation "+" > Search "bluetooth" > check ONLY "is connected" - select your AirPods in the "device" field - select "Run Immediately" > Select "New Blank Automation" > Search on the bottom of the screen "volume" and select "Set Volume" > change the blue "media" field to "ringtone" > the blue field should be at 50% but you can lower it if you would like.

thats it! make sure to repeat this process by creating another automation shortcut and select ONLY "is disconnected" from ANY device and setting the ringtone volume to 100%.

Message/Whats app notification beep mute in car while listening music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.