You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loud Text Notifications

My text notifications are very loud. When I use the toggle to decrease volume it has little effect. Also with volume lowered I cannot hear the ringer for phone calls.

A work around fix is: go to Settings, select Screen Time, then Content& Privacy Restrictions, then Select Reduce Loud Sounds, & finally choose Don’t Allow. Not sure how this will affect music listening via bluetooth devices. I am open to other suggestions. This is from a you tube video. But I was not able to share the link here.

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 8:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 10:13 PM

Reduce loud headphone sounds in Settings

1. Go to Settings , then tap Sounds & Haptics (iPhone 7 and later) or Sounds (earlier models).
  2. Tap Headphone Safety.
  3. Turn on Reduce Loud Sounds, then drag the slider. iPhone analyzes your headphone audio and reduces any sound above the level you set.

Use headphone audio level features on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2023 10:13 PM in response to murakier

Reduce loud headphone sounds in Settings

1. Go to Settings , then tap Sounds & Haptics (iPhone 7 and later) or Sounds (earlier models).
  2. Tap Headphone Safety.
  3. Turn on Reduce Loud Sounds, then drag the slider. iPhone analyzes your headphone audio and reduces any sound above the level you set.

Use headphone audio level features on iPhone - Apple Support

Loud Text Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.