You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Turning On the Device when Plugging in

Dear Developers, Recently I discovered an issue with my apple devices. Even though I turn off the device (I may be not willing to be online) and keep it for charging, it automatically turns on when I plug in the charger. Don't you guys think this should be changed ? A user should be independent in choosing how he wants to charge his device ? Can you do something to fix this thing?

Your views here please

iPhone 5c, 10

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 8:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 8:58 AM

There are no developers here; this is a user-to-user forum. And yes, when you plug in the phone it has to turn on, because the “charger” isn’t the power source or the cable, it is a circuit in the phone and that microcircuit needs power to operate. Once it is plugged in you can turn the phone off, because that charger chip is “smart” enough to not turn off when the rest of the phone turns off.

And if the only reason you turn it off is to not be online, you can achieve that by just turning on Airplane Mode; it isn’t necessary to turn off the phone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2023 8:58 AM in response to manjunath212

There are no developers here; this is a user-to-user forum. And yes, when you plug in the phone it has to turn on, because the “charger” isn’t the power source or the cable, it is a circuit in the phone and that microcircuit needs power to operate. Once it is plugged in you can turn the phone off, because that charger chip is “smart” enough to not turn off when the rest of the phone turns off.

And if the only reason you turn it off is to not be online, you can achieve that by just turning on Airplane Mode; it isn’t necessary to turn off the phone.

Auto Turning On the Device when Plugging in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.