You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 11 has a broken unusable screen how do i unlock to back up

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:53 AM

If you cannot access the screen to unlock it, then it cannot be manually backed up at this point, it's too late.

If the option for iCloud Backups was turned on, you can connect it to power and Wi-fi and hope it backs up eventually. "iCloud automatically backs up your iPhone daily when iPhone is connected to power, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi." Back up iPhone - Apple Support

Outside of that, backups are preemptive measures. You are supposed to backup while you have access to the device so when something happens and you can't access it you have already a backup you can use.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 14, 2023 10:53 AM in response to ljameeq

If you cannot access the screen to unlock it, then it cannot be manually backed up at this point, it's too late.

If the option for iCloud Backups was turned on, you can connect it to power and Wi-fi and hope it backs up eventually. "iCloud automatically backs up your iPhone daily when iPhone is connected to power, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi." Back up iPhone - Apple Support

Outside of that, backups are preemptive measures. You are supposed to backup while you have access to the device so when something happens and you can't access it you have already a backup you can use.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.