You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i keep the Always on Display on all the time? even when its charging on my nightstand at nights

how do i keep the Always on Display on all the time? even when its charging on my nightstand at nights

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 12:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 1:22 PM

Always On will automatically switch off after some time if you do not use it, for example when it is left in your nightstand at night. Unfortunately, it is not possible to keep the screen on without deactivating Auto Lock. The problem with Auto Lock set to Never, the Always On display does not start and your iPhone is not locked while you sleep. Always on only activates when the device is locked.

You can disable Auto-Lock here:

SettingsScreen & Brightness Auto LockNever

You can read more about the iPhone 14 Pro's always on function here:

Use Always-On display with your iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 7, 2023 1:22 PM in response to djsamh

Always On will automatically switch off after some time if you do not use it, for example when it is left in your nightstand at night. Unfortunately, it is not possible to keep the screen on without deactivating Auto Lock. The problem with Auto Lock set to Never, the Always On display does not start and your iPhone is not locked while you sleep. Always on only activates when the device is locked.

You can disable Auto-Lock here:

SettingsScreen & Brightness Auto LockNever

You can read more about the iPhone 14 Pro's always on function here:

Use Always-On display with your iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.