You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My tabs in safari have gone blank after the most recent update (16.3).

I would like to get my website tabs back on my MacBook air (2014). I've tried the Preferences/tabs fix, and the force quit and restart fix, but the tabs are still blank. I would appreciate any suggestions to fix this.

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 5:05 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 24, 2023 1:23 PM in response to Manu483

Hey Manu483,

To make sure we're on the same page, are these tabs that you had open, upgraded and now the tabs are still open but won't load? Or have they closed?

If you're trying to re-visit websites you've already been to, we can advise the tips here:

Otherwise let us know a few more details and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

Feb 24, 2023 1:49 PM in response to DerekM87

Hello - thanks for your response. Before the update when I opened Safari, my "Favourites" each showed within a colour box, with either a letter or image (e.g. Youtube red button with white arrow for play with Youtube written underneath it) I have cleared my Safari browsing history (a few times)and restarted my computer (there was another update), some of the tabs came back as they were before, but others there's still nothing - just blank space with the name underneath. I can click on the blank to get the website, but don't understand why I still have some blanks.

My tabs in safari have gone blank after the most recent update (16.3).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.