You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode lock out-try again in 44 minutes on iPhone 4, unable to reset the phone

Hi! I was wondering a solution for that. When I try to go to the settings app, it’s working, but when I try to reset the phone as new, i entered correct passcode, when I go to the next screen asking a restrictions passcode but I cant remember it now, I have been trying to reset the iPhone 4 back to normal settings, I keep getting the error message saying I have been locked out of iPhone 4 for a hour, it’s saying: Try again in 41 minutes! I’ve been trying for a hour to reset the iPhone 4 back to factory settings!

background: I’ve been trying to enter a passcode now, unable to reset the phone now! The solution is erase the phone as new! I understand

the error message is try again in 39 minutes or lessI have been trying it

is there a way to reset the phone?

iPhone 4 (8GB)

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 1:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 1:52 PM

Virtually all carriers have discontinued 3G service, and the iPhone 4 was a 3G phone. So, no cell service will be available as you can see on the phone.

I suppose we can work on getting the device reset, but why? It can't be used as a phone.

Keep trying to enter the passcode until an Unavailable or Security Lockout screen appears, then use the support document below to reset the phone and set it up again.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2023 1:52 PM in response to sir177

Virtually all carriers have discontinued 3G service, and the iPhone 4 was a 3G phone. So, no cell service will be available as you can see on the phone.

I suppose we can work on getting the device reset, but why? It can't be used as a phone.

Keep trying to enter the passcode until an Unavailable or Security Lockout screen appears, then use the support document below to reset the phone and set it up again.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Passcode lock out-try again in 44 minutes on iPhone 4, unable to reset the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.