You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with the send later email feature in Ventura

Trying to understand why about 30 percent of the time I prepare an email in the evening and choose the send later feature for the email to be sent at 8AM the following day , the email not only is not sent but it is missing - I cannot even find it as a draft. The Mac I prepare the email on is not shut down but merely put on lock mode when I leave the office. I really like this feature but the unreliability of whether my email can be found the following morning, let alone to have been sent is incredibility frustrating. Any advice ?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 11:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 5:21 PM

Hello noradris,

This page can help out with scheduling emails on macOS: Write, send, and schedule emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Schedule an email with Send Later
In the Mail app  on your Mac, click the pop-up menu next to the Send button , then choose an option.
Emails you choose to send later appear in the Send Later mailbox in the sidebar.
A menu in the message window showing different options for sending an email—Send Now, Send 8:00 AM Tomorrow, and Send Later.

After choosing to send it later, try seeing if it does show in the Send Later mailbox.

If the Mac isn't already using macOS 13.2, then updating can help to ensure the latest improvements have been applied: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

If you happen to use multiple email accounts, testing the feature with each of them can help to see if it may be specific to one of them.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 8, 2023 5:21 PM in response to noradris

Hello noradris,

This page can help out with scheduling emails on macOS: Write, send, and schedule emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Schedule an email with Send Later
In the Mail app  on your Mac, click the pop-up menu next to the Send button , then choose an option.
Emails you choose to send later appear in the Send Later mailbox in the sidebar.
A menu in the message window showing different options for sending an email—Send Now, Send 8:00 AM Tomorrow, and Send Later.

After choosing to send it later, try seeing if it does show in the Send Later mailbox.

If the Mac isn't already using macOS 13.2, then updating can help to ensure the latest improvements have been applied: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

If you happen to use multiple email accounts, testing the feature with each of them can help to see if it may be specific to one of them.

Cheers.

problems with the send later email feature in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.