You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Is my account disabled in the App Store and ITunes?

So a couple of weeks ago I received charges from ITunes, which I don’t use, for about $50. I disputed these charges and got the money refunded through my bank, but now it seems that Apple has gone and completely disabled my usage of the App Store. I CANNOT update ANYTHING, which is going to make every app I have useless in a matter of time, any suggestions?

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 8:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 9:13 AM

Hello,

If or when you see a message saying "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes" or "You cannot login because your account has been locked", you must contact Apple for help. This is not something you can fix yourself. Apple provides a chat link for this specific issue. Tap or click here --> Apple Support .

__

Based on the support article: If a message says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2023 9:13 AM in response to Goophan47

Hello,

If or when you see a message saying "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes" or "You cannot login because your account has been locked", you must contact Apple for help. This is not something you can fix yourself. Apple provides a chat link for this specific issue. Tap or click here --> Apple Support .

__

Based on the support article: If a message says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support

Feb 4, 2023 9:44 AM in response to Goophan47

See -> If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

scroll to point 2 & 3 ⤵️

Add a payment method

You may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Add a payment method

Resolve a problem with your payment method

If your payment method has expired, declined or failed, or a message says "There is a Billing Problem with a Previous Purchase"

Get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

Why Is my account disabled in the App Store and ITunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.