You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone, iPad, and MacBook, don't detect my DCP-L2550DW printer.

Why can't my Apple devices show my Brother DCP-L2250DW printer as a AirPrint printer? The printer Network Configuration print-out shows it on line to the same network as the Apple devices. It reports a IP address of 10.254.0.228. This is exactly the same as the

Apple devices except for the last 3 digits. I have checked everything and have a network exploration app. I can find nothing wrong. But I can not print. I would be very appreciative for any help. Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 8:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 5:30 PM

Hi,

The Brother DCP-L2550DW is a supported AirPrint model.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Any change after the following power-cycle sequence (do not forget the router)?

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, the iPad, the Mac, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone, the iPad, and the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Also, please note that AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections. This means that you could wire the DCP-L2550DW to one of the LAN ports of the Wi-Fi router instead of using a wireless printer connection. Ethernet is often more stable, and can help avoid some router compatibility issues (see, for example, https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/73618/~/compatibility-with-5-ghz%2C-dual-band-wireless-router%2C-or-mesh-networks).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2023 5:30 PM in response to ddc834

Hi,

The Brother DCP-L2550DW is a supported AirPrint model.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Any change after the following power-cycle sequence (do not forget the router)?

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, the iPad, the Mac, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone, the iPad, and the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Also, please note that AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections. This means that you could wire the DCP-L2550DW to one of the LAN ports of the Wi-Fi router instead of using a wireless printer connection. Ethernet is often more stable, and can help avoid some router compatibility issues (see, for example, https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/73618/~/compatibility-with-5-ghz%2C-dual-band-wireless-router%2C-or-mesh-networks).

iPhone, iPad, and MacBook, don't detect my DCP-L2550DW printer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.