You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get, steps, total calories burned, and bpm on my watch face?

I bought a series 8 Apple Watch today. It’s a big switch from my Fitbit, and so I’ve spent a lot of time fiddling with it to get it customized how I want. One thing I really liked about my Fitbit was that just by turning my wrist and glancing down I was able to immediately see my health stats. However, with the Apple Watch, I just can’t seem to figure out how I can add at least steps, total calories, and heart rate onto my watch face. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 6:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 6:38 AM

The following link is very useful for determining what metrics (Complications) can be setup on a particular watch face:

Apple Watch faces and their features - Apple Support

As for "Steps" and "Calories":

I am not finding those listed, but both are associated with Activity and you can set up a goal for the number of calories that you wish to burn in a day and the outer, red ring will show your progress. If you set a goal of 1,000 calories in a day and you look at the ring and it's half way around, you'll know that you are somewhere around 500 burned thus far.

"Heart rate" is one of the complications that is available on many of the different faces. I use it on one of mine. It isn't real time, it'll show the last BPM measured and then I click on it and it takes a new measurement.

For other ideas of things that aren't quite like a Fitbit that you'd like to see incorporated into future Apple Watch updates, fill out and submit this form ;-)

Feedback - Watch - Apple

My impression of a Fitbit is that it's main focus is to provide information that relates to staying fit. An Apple Watch is doing a whole lot more!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2023 6:38 AM in response to nelisha291

The following link is very useful for determining what metrics (Complications) can be setup on a particular watch face:

Apple Watch faces and their features - Apple Support

As for "Steps" and "Calories":

I am not finding those listed, but both are associated with Activity and you can set up a goal for the number of calories that you wish to burn in a day and the outer, red ring will show your progress. If you set a goal of 1,000 calories in a day and you look at the ring and it's half way around, you'll know that you are somewhere around 500 burned thus far.

"Heart rate" is one of the complications that is available on many of the different faces. I use it on one of mine. It isn't real time, it'll show the last BPM measured and then I click on it and it takes a new measurement.

For other ideas of things that aren't quite like a Fitbit that you'd like to see incorporated into future Apple Watch updates, fill out and submit this form ;-)

Feedback - Watch - Apple

My impression of a Fitbit is that it's main focus is to provide information that relates to staying fit. An Apple Watch is doing a whole lot more!

How can I get, steps, total calories burned, and bpm on my watch face?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.