You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Face Overlay

Apple Watch: How do I get rid of the overlay with a green line around my watch face that has Style, Typeface, Color and Complications in white at the top that slide back and forth left to right. I have the watch face that I want, but I don’t want that “overlay”.. Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 9:20 AM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2023 2:27 PM in response to bstump820

Hello bstump820,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with an overlay on your watch face. This article goes over how to save it so that you can dismiss it: Change the watch face on your Apple Watch

"How to customize the watch face on your Apple Watch

1. Press the Digital Crown to go to the watch face.
  2. Touch and hold the display.
  3. Swipe left or right to choose a watch face, then tap Edit. 
  4. Swipe left or right to select a feature, then turn the Digital Crown to change it. For example, you might change the color of the second hand or the markings on the watch face. 
  5. Apple watch face showing timescale

6. Swipe all the way to the left to edit complications, which you can use to check things like the weather, your activity, or information from other apps that you installed. Tap a complication to select it, then turn the Digital Crown to review available complication options. Tap the desired complication to select it.

7. When you’re finished, press the Digital Crown to save your changes. 
  8. Tap the watch face to set it as your current face."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Watch Face Overlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.