You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts app

The Contacts app is not working. When I press the Contacts icon on home page only shows “Lists” and how msny contacts there are. Contacts do not show up on usual cards.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 1:44 PM

6 replies

Dec 16, 2022 3:30 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

This is what I see now when I press the Contacts icon on my home page. I can see the contact cards but I can only see them through the “List”. I don’t know why it is not going right into the Contacts app. I synced my contacts with icloud/iPhone then turned off Contacts in the list of the apps that use iCloud, but it seems like it is still getting the contacts from iCloud instead of my iPhone.

will show contacts but still only from “Lists”. It seems to be still using iCloud to get to my contacts.

Dec 16, 2022 1:52 PM in response to cqskie

From the Lists view, tap on "All Contacts". That should take you back to the Contacts screen.

For future reference, whenever something has an arrow at the far right (as, for example, All Contacts does), that means that if you tap on that, it will take you to another screen or set of options. In this case, I agree that the arrow is quite faint.

Dec 18, 2022 7:55 AM in response to cqskie

That may have something to do with turning off iCloud syncing, keep the contacts on your phone, then, at some point turning it back on again. I would suggest you delete the all the contacts from one location or the other and then re-sync but, that’s entirely up to you.

Personally, I have my contacts synced to both my Google account and my iCloud account. Any duplicates are linked automatically.

Contacts app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.