You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

water detected in lightning connector but not wet. Anyone know how to solve this issue?

When charging a notification pops up stating there is water detected in lightning connector but my phone and charger are not wet. Anyone know how to solve this issue?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 4:08 PM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2022 5:56 PM in response to Ayla2me

Hi Ayla2me,

If this is happening with an Apple Lightning cable or accessory, then reach out to Apple Support directly to help investigate the behavior. They'll be best equipped to find the best resolution. You can see that suggestion outlined in the article below:

If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone

"If your iPhone and Lightning accessory aren't wet

If you see this alert every time you connect a certain cable or accessory, that cable or accessory might be damaged. Contact the manufacturer.

If you see this alert every time you connect an Apple Lightning cable or accessory, contact Apple Support."

Kind regards.

water detected in lightning connector but not wet. Anyone know how to solve this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.