You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime switch(hand-off) button doesn't appear on my iPad (mini 6)

I can't transfer my facetime call from my iPhone(13 pro) (or Macbook(m1 air)) to my iPad(mini 6). I can directly get a facetime call on my iPad, though.

I can switch the facetime between my iPhone and Mac. I could do it without any change of settings, by just upgrading the OS.

The facetime camera shape doesn't appear on my iPad notification bar.

Does anyone know about this?

(I set the caller ID same in both settings. / Facetime setting is turned on in both devices)

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 12:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 11:32 AM

Hello 진훈,

Based on the information found at Hand off a FaceTime call to another device - Apple Support, you want to be sure that all the settings are correct:

Hand off a FaceTime call to another device
During a call in the FaceTime app , you can move the call to another device where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.
Note: Your selected contact information for the call, shown in Settings  > FaceTime (below You Can Be Reached At), must match the selected contact information in Settings > FaceTime for the device you want to hand off to.

1. Make sure your other device is turned on, then tap the screen that’s showing the call.
A notification of the call appears on the Lock Screen (or in Notification Center) of the other device, along with the suggestion “Move call to this [device].”
2. Tap the notification to switch the call, or tap the Video Handoff button at the top left of the screen, then tap the Switch button.
A preview of the call appears, showing your camera, microphone, and audio settings.
3. Make sure the camera, microphone, and audio settings are the ones you want, then tap the Switch button.
The call moves to the new device. On the original device, a banner appears confirming that the call was continued elsewhere, along with the Switch button, which you can tap if you want to bring the call back.

Once everything is set up right, you should be able to hand off the FaceTime calls.

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2022 11:32 AM in response to 진훈

Hello 진훈,

Based on the information found at Hand off a FaceTime call to another device - Apple Support, you want to be sure that all the settings are correct:

Hand off a FaceTime call to another device
During a call in the FaceTime app , you can move the call to another device where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.
Note: Your selected contact information for the call, shown in Settings  > FaceTime (below You Can Be Reached At), must match the selected contact information in Settings > FaceTime for the device you want to hand off to.

1. Make sure your other device is turned on, then tap the screen that’s showing the call.
A notification of the call appears on the Lock Screen (or in Notification Center) of the other device, along with the suggestion “Move call to this [device].”
2. Tap the notification to switch the call, or tap the Video Handoff button at the top left of the screen, then tap the Switch button.
A preview of the call appears, showing your camera, microphone, and audio settings.
3. Make sure the camera, microphone, and audio settings are the ones you want, then tap the Switch button.
The call moves to the new device. On the original device, a banner appears confirming that the call was continued elsewhere, along with the Switch button, which you can tap if you want to bring the call back.

Once everything is set up right, you should be able to hand off the FaceTime calls.

Have a good day.

Facetime switch(hand-off) button doesn't appear on my iPad (mini 6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.