You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blocked messages coming through on ipad

I’ve blocked a contact on my iPhone, but their messages are still coming through on my iPad in iMessage even though they are blocked there as well (which sometimes happens automatically and sometimes I have to do it manually.)

Both devices are on the same account. It seems any changes on one device should be universal.

iPad mini 3, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 8:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 10:38 AM

Hi BlockedContacts2022,

If you haven't done so yet, restart your iPad. Although simple, this step can help correct some unexpected issues. If the problem persists, make sure your iPhone and iPad are running the most recent OS version, as this can improve overall performance: Apple security updates.

If you need more help, reach out to Apple Support directly so they can look into this with you further. They can be contacted here: Get Support, or by calling the most applicable phone number from this list: Contact Apple for support and service.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2022 10:38 AM in response to BlockedContacts2022

Hi BlockedContacts2022,

If you haven't done so yet, restart your iPad. Although simple, this step can help correct some unexpected issues. If the problem persists, make sure your iPhone and iPad are running the most recent OS version, as this can improve overall performance: Apple security updates.

If you need more help, reach out to Apple Support directly so they can look into this with you further. They can be contacted here: Get Support, or by calling the most applicable phone number from this list: Contact Apple for support and service.

Cheers.

blocked messages coming through on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.