You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are these AirPods fake?

Want to buy a new airpods pro 2, the seller send me an image looks like the serial number is ok and even has apple care+ but the model here is mlwk3zm/a and this number from 1st gen, right? So it's fake or not? And one airpod has number A2931 wich is also strange, cause on the box there are A2698 A2699.

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 2:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 11:46 AM

Hi testerBor, welcome to the Apple community

I hope you are doing well 🤗

I think it's Fake Airpods. On the AirPods Pro and more recent model, the serial number must be different between the case and the two AirPods. There must be three different serial numbers. But on the picture that the seller has provided you with, the serial number of the case corresponds to the serial number of AirPods, so it's not good.

For more information, you can look here :

See you soon👋

Julio

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2022 11:46 AM in response to testerBor

Hi testerBor, welcome to the Apple community

I hope you are doing well 🤗

I think it's Fake Airpods. On the AirPods Pro and more recent model, the serial number must be different between the case and the two AirPods. There must be three different serial numbers. But on the picture that the seller has provided you with, the serial number of the case corresponds to the serial number of AirPods, so it's not good.

For more information, you can look here :

See you soon👋

Julio

Are these AirPods fake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.