You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's wrong with my Safari?

Safari seems to be messing up again and this just started recently.

I went to AliExpress to log in and .......

Sorry I can't describe this so please look at the photos. Comparison between Safari 15.4 Top and Chrome 107.0.5304.110. Bottom.

Thanks

Allen

iMac 27″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 2:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 1:51 PM

Thanks Allen. For what it's worth that particular site is doing the exact same thing on the Mac I happen to be using at the moment. I had never navigated to that site before so it's obviously not loading it from a cached Safari page or its history or anything like that.

Obviously that hints at a site problem, but it might be fixed by adjusting certain Safari "experimental features". I'll keep investigating and post back if I can find the culprit.

Prime Suspect #1:

What that "error" might be is anyone's guess at the moment.

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2022 1:51 PM in response to allenz

Thanks Allen. For what it's worth that particular site is doing the exact same thing on the Mac I happen to be using at the moment. I had never navigated to that site before so it's obviously not loading it from a cached Safari page or its history or anything like that.

Obviously that hints at a site problem, but it might be fixed by adjusting certain Safari "experimental features". I'll keep investigating and post back if I can find the culprit.

Prime Suspect #1:

What that "error" might be is anyone's guess at the moment.

Nov 21, 2022 2:07 PM in response to John Galt

Allen, I traced it to a content blocker that I had forgotten about. The page renders ok if I disable DuckDuckGo's Privacy Protection Extension.

If you are not using that particular one, click and hold Safari's "reload" icon and select Reload Without Content Blockers:

That's one of the possibilities addressed in If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support. Content blockers that work well are the easiest to forget about.

What's wrong with my Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.