You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook battery drain because of keyboard

I have a (2017) MacBook Pro and a wireless keyboard, which I both carry around in my bag. Recently I found that my MacBook battery is often drained even though it was full when I put it in my bag. I realized that this is due to the keyboard keys being pressed, activating the laptop…even though the laptop is closed. I can manually disable the keyboard by pressing the on/off switch for a few seconds, but sometimes this key is being pressed in the bag….connects with my MacBook, and then the MacBook somehow activates and is being drained. Can I someone change a setting that when my MacBook is closed it should disable Bluetooth keyboards.

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 7:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 2:41 AM

Turn Off the Bluetooth On the Computer when Transporting in your Bag.

With the Functionality for Bluetooth turned off at the Source ( Computer ) the keyboard can remain On and never Connect to the Computer

1 reply

MacBook battery drain because of keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.