You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touchbar not controlling play pause when there are two sources

Hi, I have MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) [Monterey] and when I play music from Spotify and at the same time play video on some browser (doesn't matter which one not works any of them) there are buttons for the sources I can select as below picture.

Here is the case, I'm listening Spotify and then opened a video, music is still playing behind and video started. Then I click on Spotify logo on touch bar then clicked stop, but video stopped not Spotify.

I want it to stop Spotify if I chose Spotify to click on stop. Also, it does not work reversely

Is this a bug or Do I use it wrong?

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 7:58 AM

2 replies

Sep 5, 2022 10:45 AM in response to mustaf4

mustaf4 wrote:

Hi, I have MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) [Monterey] and when I play music from Spotify and at the same time play video on some browser (doesn't matter which one not works any of them) there are buttons for the sources I can select as below picture.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/77f932ab-71e2-449d-95a6-f2cc7f9978d9

Here is the case, I'm listening Spotify and then opened a video, music is still playing behind and video started. Then I click on Spotify logo on touch bar then clicked stop, but video stopped not Spotify.

I want it to stop Spotify if I chose Spotify to click on stop. Also, it does not work reversely

Is this a bug or Do I use it wrong?

I do not see how having two source this would work...

Try one active source and compare your results.

if you think it should be different you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

touchbar not controlling play pause when there are two sources

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.