You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

handoff not working

I can not get the handoff to work on facetime from my iphone to my mac. When on a facetime call on iphone and move next to mac the facetime icon does not appear on the menu bar on my mac?

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 6:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 1:45 AM

To use Handoff, your Apple devices must meet Continuity system requirements. They must also have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Handoff turned on in System Preferences (on your Mac) and in Settings (on your iOS and iPadOS devices). You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on all your devices.

Pick up where you left off with Handoff on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2022 1:45 AM in response to rev_doug

To use Handoff, your Apple devices must meet Continuity system requirements. They must also have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Handoff turned on in System Preferences (on your Mac) and in Settings (on your iOS and iPadOS devices). You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on all your devices.

Pick up where you left off with Handoff on Mac - Apple Support

Sep 10, 2022 8:05 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for the information. Although after I posted the question I realized what I was trying to do is not out yet. I was watching the June 2022 Spotlight and thats where I saw that handoff was taking it to a new level by being able to hand a Facetime call from an iphone to my mac to my ipad. The speaker was talking about the next generation of IOS and VenturaOS, for this to be achieved.

handoff not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.