You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable remote management

I recently purchased my MacBook Pro from my former employer. It was remotely managed. I was told that doing a factory reset would disable the remote management but that has turned out to not be the case. I went through the factory reset but am now unable to configure the comuter because it is still being remotely managed and I can not connect to that server.

Is there any way that I can disable remote management even though everything has been wiped from the computer? I have moved away so going to the building is not an ideal option. They also do not currently have an IT professional that I can contact.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 2:09 AM

To add - Once the computer Serial Number has been registered with the Remote Management Service ( MDM ) even erasing the the hard drive will not solve the issue.

The only ways to solve this issue

1 - Return the unit to the previous Owner for full refund

2 - Have the Previous Owner Remove the Serial Number for the MDM Service database.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2022 2:09 AM in response to cgerbs

To add - Once the computer Serial Number has been registered with the Remote Management Service ( MDM ) even erasing the the hard drive will not solve the issue.

The only ways to solve this issue

1 - Return the unit to the previous Owner for full refund

2 - Have the Previous Owner Remove the Serial Number for the MDM Service database.

disable remote management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.