You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv app on mac not updating with latest shows on watch now

Why does my apple TV app on my mac not update my "Watch Now" section with the latest shows/episodes/recently added? I usually watch via the Apple TV on my actual TV and occasionally on my iPhone. My iphone always updates the Watch Now section and I never have a problem keeping track of the exact point in any episode that I'm watching. However, my mac never seems to update that section

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 9:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 5:57 AM

The TV app on Mac isn’t able to connect to select other apps from other content providers. That feature is only supported on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple TV box, where these separate apps are available (on an Apple OS). Therefore, Watch Now and Up Next on Mac only include the items that are available directly in the TV app on Mac. To watch HBO Max and the like on Mac, use a browser instead. Could that be it?

If you are seeing your content in the TV app on Mac, but the watch progress in Up Next is not updating, then that is a different issue. Verify that you are signed in to the TV app (menu Account) with your Apple ID; that is separate from accounts in System Preferences. Verify that the same account is in use as on the other devices. Different accounts each have their own watch progress. Quit the TV app and restart the Mac, then try again. Try starting up in Safe Mode to ignore caches and any influence of third party software.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2022 5:57 AM in response to coshodi13

The TV app on Mac isn’t able to connect to select other apps from other content providers. That feature is only supported on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple TV box, where these separate apps are available (on an Apple OS). Therefore, Watch Now and Up Next on Mac only include the items that are available directly in the TV app on Mac. To watch HBO Max and the like on Mac, use a browser instead. Could that be it?

If you are seeing your content in the TV app on Mac, but the watch progress in Up Next is not updating, then that is a different issue. Verify that you are signed in to the TV app (menu Account) with your Apple ID; that is separate from accounts in System Preferences. Verify that the same account is in use as on the other devices. Different accounts each have their own watch progress. Quit the TV app and restart the Mac, then try again. Try starting up in Safe Mode to ignore caches and any influence of third party software.

apple tv app on mac not updating with latest shows on watch now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.