You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I update safari without installing Monterey?

Can I update Safari and Catalina WITHOUT upgrading to Monterey?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:46 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, click here, and if your MacBook Air is a mid-2013 or newer model, then on the download link for Big Sur.

The current version of Safari will run on Catalina. Check for updates in the Mac App Store.

(221607)

5 replies

Jul 18, 2022 4:05 PM in response to Niel

I have a 2017 MacBook Air. I had Monterey and did not like it. The guys at the Apple store removed it and re-installed Catalina. My System Update wants me to upgrade to Monterey. My choice is NO. But other updates (A) are available and I'm afraid I update those, Monterey (B) will also be installed. How can I do A and not B?

Jul 18, 2022 4:39 PM in response to Lisa.F

Lisa.F wrote:

I have a 2017 MacBook Air. I had Monterey and did not like it. The guys at the Apple store removed it and re-installed Catalina. My System Update wants me to upgrade to Monterey. My choice is NO. But other updates (A) are available and I'm afraid I update those, Monterey (B) will also be installed. How can I do A and not B?

FWIW, when you click to the other updates, It only downloads those. No Monterey.

can I update safari without installing Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.