You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to receive or send imessages from my Apple Watch. It is not in "Airplane Mode", and it is connected to wi-fi. Also, messages sent to my iphone do NOT appear on my watch. The phone is new. Phone calls DO ring on both devices.

I have a new iphone and now am unable to send or receive imessages from my Apple watch. The watch is not in Airplane mode, and is connected to Wi-fi. Phone calls DO transfer over from my phone to the watch. Is there a setup or reset I need to do to have imessages sent from my phone to the watch?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 9:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
3 replies

I am unable to receive or send imessages from my Apple Watch. It is not in "Airplane Mode", and it is connected to wi-fi. Also, messages sent to my iphone do NOT appear on my watch. The phone is new. Phone calls DO ring on both devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.