You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Apple Watch to the Apple Fitness+ on Apple TV Not Working

I read through a post just like this that was posted in January of this year and I have reset my apple TV, restarted both the TV and my Apple watch, force closed all the apps on my Apple TV and I am STILL having problems connecting the Apple Fitness+ on my Apple TV to my Apple watch. In addition, all software on both TV and watch are up to date.

Here is what happens:

1. Open fitness app on TV and it asks me to open the workout app on my watch.
  2. When I do this, it starts to pair and then the little icon just sits there and spins and spins.

I know, a few calls were put in to Apple Support regarding this issue. Was this issue ever corrected on Apple’s end or are we still waiting for a solution?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 11:09 PM

Verify that your Apple Fitness+ subscription is active and ongoing. The service is only available to subscribers.

Verify if the active account on the Apple TV box is a subscriber. Switch accounts if needed before launching the app.

Workout on Apple TV - How to use Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2022 11:09 PM in response to Jdawnm66

Verify that your Apple Fitness+ subscription is active and ongoing. The service is only available to subscribers.

Verify if the active account on the Apple TV box is a subscriber. Switch accounts if needed before launching the app.

Workout on Apple TV - How to use Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Jul 4, 2022 9:49 AM in response to Jdawnm66

I finally got it working by doing the following:

1. Reset my Apple TV
  2. Restart Apple Watch

When I first reset my Apple TV and tried to connect, I entered the code the Fitness App provided in order, but the little wheel just kept spinning, so I cancelled the connection. I then restarted Apple TV AND my Apple Watch and tried again. This worked and I am now able to connect consistently.

Connecting Apple Watch to the Apple Fitness+ on Apple TV Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.