You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text alerts sooooo loud

Why are text alerts soooo loud when I’m airplaying Music to a home stereo.

Notification sound is set to low but it remains so loud.

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 5:42 AM

Thanks for the reply.

The notification sound plays on my iPhone not the stereo, so I believe the solution should reside on the iPhone volume setting.

For some reason when Airplay is in use the notification sound (at least for txt alerts) goes to max volume! The particular txts are from someone on emergency bypass, so that may be part of this software glitch.

Turning the iPhone volume to super low doesn’t make any difference to the txt notification loudness. And yes, the notification sound in system menu is also set really low.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2022 5:42 AM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for the reply.

The notification sound plays on my iPhone not the stereo, so I believe the solution should reside on the iPhone volume setting.

For some reason when Airplay is in use the notification sound (at least for txt alerts) goes to max volume! The particular txts are from someone on emergency bypass, so that may be part of this software glitch.

Turning the iPhone volume to super low doesn’t make any difference to the txt notification loudness. And yes, the notification sound in system menu is also set really low.

Apr 19, 2022 7:48 PM in response to DomesticBliss2

When you're on the phone or listening to songs, movies, or other media on iPhone, you can use the buttons on the side of your device to adjust the audio volume. Otherwise, the buttons control the volume for the ringer, alerts, and other sound effects. You can also use Siri to turn the volume up or down.

Adjust the volume on iPhone - Apple Support

Apr 20, 2022 10:39 AM in response to DomesticBliss2

DomesticBliss2 Said:

"Text alerts sooooo loud: [...]For some reason when Airplay is in use the notification sound (at least for txt alerts) goes to max volume! The particular txts are from someone on emergency bypass, so that may be part of this software glitch.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the reply.

Emergency Bypass is the Culprit.

You'll have to disable Emergency Bypass when synced with your stereo. It is overruling everything, doing its part in letting you know that a message has arrived.

1. Go Here: Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Allow Time Sensitive notifications
  3. Screenshot:

Apr 19, 2022 8:08 PM in response to DomesticBliss2

DomesticBliss2 Said:

"Text alerts sooooo loud: Why are text alerts soooo loud when I’m airplaying Music to a home stereo. Notification sound is set to low but it remains so loud."

-------

Troubleshoot the Home Stereo's Audio:

Decrease the volume level on the home stereo. It would have its own settings for audio. You might have to go into the settings of the home stereo itself, seeing if there are any settings that you need to make in regards to notifications.

Text alerts sooooo loud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.