You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alternative to The Print Shop for Mac software

I have not been able to upgrade The Print Shop for Mac software from MacKiev since it seems that The Print Shop for Mac 4 is only sold to schools. I see there are many other that have had the same issue and I was wondering if anyone has found a similar/ better alternative of software they are using? Frustrating!

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 8:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 11:42 AM

This information is helpful. I will check these out. And I made that mistake... well, not really a mistake but decide to try the other "Print Shop" from Broderbond and it sent me back to the Dark Ages. Not a good alternative. Thank you for your response!

4 replies

Apr 20, 2022 11:25 AM in response to Kel.mac

Yes, as a longtime Print Shop MacKiev user, I am another very frustrated customer over the near impossibility of getting v4 or even the v4.1 update from MacKiev so it will run on Catalina & later versions of macOS.

As a substitute for MacKiev's PSM, I have been using Swift Publisher 5 (available in the Mac App Store). It does nearly all that Print Shop for Mac does except that it doesn't come with nearly as much clip art, and of course you cannot open any Print Shop for Mac projects that you may already have.

I have also heard very good things about Affinity Publisher, which is available in the Mac App Store.

Special note - be aware that Broderbund Print Shop for Mac is NOT the same product as the MacKiev app, and most reviewers think it's pretty bad.

Apr 20, 2022 9:12 AM in response to Kel.mac

Hi Kel.mac,

Have you tried downloading directly from their website? The Print Shop - Downloads & Technical Support

Also, it looks like their website has a list of resellers by region. You can check that out here: Where to buy Software MacKiev products?

The article here may also help you connect with them directly to inquire about your purchase needs. Contact a third-party vendor

Additionally, you can search the App Store for an existing app for your needs. Hopefully others may have and post personal recommendations.

Best!

Alternative to The Print Shop for Mac software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.