You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to keep all the photos I import, but suddenly my Mac has decided that it knows better. Where can I find them?

I just returned from vacation and downloaded my camera and iPhone to my Mac. The photos in Imports do not match up to the photos in Library. Why not? Is iPhoto deciding for me what I should keep? Are they hidden somewhere?

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 8:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 3:36 PM

Ah - are you looking in the days view? That does select the "best" (in the apps opinion) selection from each day.

If you look in "all photos" then all are shown. Note in the screenshot the different views are shown as separate buttons. On a small screen or window, they turn into a dropdown selector.

4 replies

I want to keep all the photos I import, but suddenly my Mac has decided that it knows better. Where can I find them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.