You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Question about Charging

I use a type C cord to connect my Macbook pro to an external monitor for work and it is also used as the charger, I work around 8 to 9 hours daily and the battery remains at 100% because it is plugged to the external monitor, is that okay? Will it damage my macbook pro or the battery?

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 12:41 PM

Neither the computer nor the battery will be damaged by leaving it plugged in. Plug it in when needed or when convenient to do so. Leaving it plugged in reduces the rate of accumulation of battery cycles. The MacOS manages the power/charging system very well. There is no need for you to micromanage the system.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2022 12:41 PM in response to gene_ontherocks

Neither the computer nor the battery will be damaged by leaving it plugged in. Plug it in when needed or when convenient to do so. Leaving it plugged in reduces the rate of accumulation of battery cycles. The MacOS manages the power/charging system very well. There is no need for you to micromanage the system.

Battery Question about Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.