You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Excessive data usage out of nowhere

This billing cycle, my husband and I ran out of data on our 10GB plan with 10 days left in our cycle. We have never, ever had this issue before. We normally have a few gigs to roll over.

We’ve both gone through and changed multiple settings. We’ve turned off Wi-Fi assist, disabled background app refreshing, and I’ve toggled a few apps to only use Wi-Fi. I also reset my network settings.

I still have apps pulling data in the background when I am not on Wi-Fi (drive to the store, etc). Pandora, Target, Weather and Music are the four that pulled data in the hour I was just out of the house, even without opening a single app on my phone! I am at my wits end. What else could be happening?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 5:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 2:40 PM

I am also on iPhone 11. With our cellular provider, we can look up date & time of data usage on all phones on our plan. On the first morning of this billing cycle, my phone used 450 MB of data six separate times. I am not able to discover which app specifically did this. Currently on hold with AT&T to figure out if they have more answers (doubtful).

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2022 2:40 PM in response to Aklaiss

I am also on iPhone 11. With our cellular provider, we can look up date & time of data usage on all phones on our plan. On the first morning of this billing cycle, my phone used 450 MB of data six separate times. I am not able to discover which app specifically did this. Currently on hold with AT&T to figure out if they have more answers (doubtful).

Excessive data usage out of nowhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.