You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sudden data surge by Music app

I got a notification from my service provider that I had used up 75% of my 4GB allowance just a few days into the month. I looked up my usage, and it looks like the Music app somehow used up 2.8GB in one day (see attached - iOS usage shows 2.8GB used by music, TELUS app shows it all happened in one day). I hadn’t used the music app at all that day, and was only away from wifi for about 2 hours total that day. Any idea what my phone could have possibly been doing to pull in that much data so quickly? I’m not thrilled about having to pay $32 for a data top up to make it through the month because of this one bug or whatever it was.

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 10:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 2:03 AM

Are you using any third party app for the second screenshot?

If you use an Exchange ActiveSync account, it might continue to use cellular data even if you turn it off for Mail and Calendar. To see the cellular data usage of your Exchange ActiveSync account, go to Settings > Cellular > System Services.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2019 2:03 AM in response to jeff.s.turner

Are you using any third party app for the second screenshot?

If you use an Exchange ActiveSync account, it might continue to use cellular data even if you turn it off for Mail and Calendar. To see the cellular data usage of your Exchange ActiveSync account, go to Settings > Cellular > System Services.

Sudden data surge by Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.