You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to have two PDFs open on a screen in preview

Ever since the last update preview hasn't been allowing me to have two fullscreen pdfs on a screen together with the Always Show Sidebar switched on.

I can only have two fullscreen pdfs on a screen together so long as the sidebar isn't turned on. When I try to turn the sidebar on the screen glitches for a second then the sidebar turns itself off.

When I try to put two pdfs when either one or both have the sidebar turned on they just refuse to go together and sometimes a symbol would pop up indicating that that action isn't possible.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 5:56 AM

selene114 wrote:

Ever since the last update preview hasn't been allowing me to have two fullscreen pdfs on a screen together with the Always Show Sidebar switched on.
I can only have two fullscreen pdfs on a screen together so long as the sidebar isn't turned on. When I try to turn the sidebar on the screen glitches for a second then the sidebar turns itself off.
When I try to put two pdfs when either one or both have the sidebar turned on they just refuse to go together and sometimes a symbol would pop up indicating that that action isn't possible.

Preview>Preferences>

make some changes >open files in it's own window...

Preview User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

View PDFs and images in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2022 5:56 AM in response to selene114

selene114 wrote:

Preview>Preferences>

make some changes >open files in it's own window...

Preview User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

View PDFs and images in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

Unable to have two PDFs open on a screen in preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.