You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

preview does not open new PDF's in NEW windows even though settings are set that way

I am frustrated with preview opening multiple PDF's in the same window even though I have the settings set to open new PDF's in a new window. Also, even when it does open the pdf in a currently open window it doesnt open thajt pdf to the "open" tab, it just adds a tab and i have to look for it to open it in my window.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 9:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 9:32 AM

I can open multiple PDF in separate windows with Preview on Catalina 10.15.1, Mojave 10.14.6, or High Sierra 10.13.6. Preview does not provide a configuration setting to open multiple PDF in separate windows, as it does for images. Here are my Preview PDF Preferences which are identical for the three mentioned operating systems:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 25, 2019 9:32 AM in response to whathappenedtomac

I can open multiple PDF in separate windows with Preview on Catalina 10.15.1, Mojave 10.14.6, or High Sierra 10.13.6. Preview does not provide a configuration setting to open multiple PDF in separate windows, as it does for images. Here are my Preview PDF Preferences which are identical for the three mentioned operating systems:

preview does not open new PDF's in NEW windows even though settings are set that way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.