You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emergency Bypass Notifications on Apple Watch and Iphone

I have emergency bypass active for a contact on my iPhone but when wearing my Apple Watch (Series 7) I do not get an audible or haptic notification on my iPhone. The notification does appear on my Apple Watch but this is not noticeable enough to wake me up if I am sleeping.

I would like the emergency bypass notification to appear on my iPhone and trigger the audio/haptic setup and send a notification to my Apple Watch while maintaining wrist detection for my Apple Watch, is this possible?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 1:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 12:15 AM

Thanks, I have read the article but that doesn’t really answer why the emergency bypass isn’t activating.

Is there a way to ensure the emergency bypass will still make a noise and haptic if my Apple Watch has wrist detection on?

3 replies

Emergency Bypass Notifications on Apple Watch and Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.