You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband not launching

GarageBand unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit “Hybrid_x64” by “AIR Music Technology”.

This is the message I get. I manually removed all plug ins from Akai (air music technology) re- installed GarageBand and I get the same message. Any ideas? Please let me know. Thanks.

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 11:43 AM

Found it... You must manually delete a file that AIR installed in your Mac's system audio Library directory.

Follow the Apple instructions at... https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201532

Then move the hybrid.components file to the trash.

You can first do a Show Info on the file to confirm that it is from AIR Technologies. It is pretty old, around 2014 or so I think, so it needs updating.

After deleting the file, restart GarageBand.

I just got the Akai MPK Mini and found that the software doesn't seem to work on a Mac, including the MPK setup editor software that you use to configure the Mini. I suppose I'll try see if it works in Windows... Hey ho...

Good Luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2022 11:43 AM in response to cacciamai

Found it... You must manually delete a file that AIR installed in your Mac's system audio Library directory.

Follow the Apple instructions at... https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201532

Then move the hybrid.components file to the trash.

You can first do a Show Info on the file to confirm that it is from AIR Technologies. It is pretty old, around 2014 or so I think, so it needs updating.

After deleting the file, restart GarageBand.

I just got the Akai MPK Mini and found that the software doesn't seem to work on a Mac, including the MPK setup editor software that you use to configure the Mini. I suppose I'll try see if it works in Windows... Hey ho...

Good Luck!

Garageband not launching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.