You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon.net and aol issue.

Apple id is a Verizon.net email that told is not supported anymore: Do I need to create new id &  will my data associated be lost? 

Chat support told me need to create new Apple ID and will loose all data associated with the original id. Help!

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 2:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 5:09 PM

If you have changed your ID, have you followed the steps in this article? Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.  *

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2022 5:09 PM in response to Needinghelp22

If you have changed your ID, have you followed the steps in this article? Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.  *

Jan 13, 2022 1:14 PM in response to Needinghelp22

Hi Needinghelp22,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that your Apple ID is an email address that Verizon does not support anymore and we'd like to help.

As long as you know your Apple ID password, you should be able to change the email address associated with your Apple ID by following the steps here: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You will need to receive a verification code to your new email address to verify the change, so make sure you choose the correct email address.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jan 14, 2022 5:04 PM in response to 1ssmith

Hi 1ssmith,

Thanks for your reply and assistance. I went to the Change Apple ID page and changed my email associated to the id. My account information is there.

However, two related issues:

1- on my iphone and iPad’s Apple ID SETTINGS, the previous Verizon.net address is showing under my “logo”name, even with the updated id/new email listed for “REACHABLE AT”.

2- SETTINGS is giving me a prompt “Update Apple ID Settings, Some account services require you to sign again”. When I touch “Continue” it asks for the Verizon.net id password and I get “Verification Failed, an unknown error occurred”. No option to use the updated id. Btw, I did not change the password with the updated Apple email id.

Even to sign up to this page, my previous Verizon id appears but at least it gives the option to use my updated id.

Verizon.net and aol issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.