You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my family has several Apple devices. I think that all needs to have iCloud backup storage space. Can I get information of how this storage size and cost if I want to have a shared storage in iCould?

my family has several Apple devices. I think that all needs to have iCloud backup storage space. Can I get information of how this storage size and cost if I want to have a shared storage in iCould?

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 12:20 PM

You need a compatible sized iCloud+ plan (There is also an Apple One Family plan, if you’re interested in the other Apple services included with it for you and your family), which would be either the 200gb or 2TB plans (If you have a lot of devices and photos, please just get 2TB), and then add them to the Family Sharing - Apple (UK) group, and then there will be an option for them in settings to join the plan with regards to storage. All files and backups [with family sharing] will be kept separate, but devices will be visible to each other in the Find My app, there will be a Family album in the Photos app (photos have to be intentionally added to it), a Family Calendar, the ability to share App Store purchases (tap on your profile picture in the upper right, tap purchased, tap a name), etc, by using Family Sharing.

Source: I’m on a 2TB iCloud+ Family plan.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2021 12:20 PM in response to kaibai176

You need a compatible sized iCloud+ plan (There is also an Apple One Family plan, if you’re interested in the other Apple services included with it for you and your family), which would be either the 200gb or 2TB plans (If you have a lot of devices and photos, please just get 2TB), and then add them to the Family Sharing - Apple (UK) group, and then there will be an option for them in settings to join the plan with regards to storage. All files and backups [with family sharing] will be kept separate, but devices will be visible to each other in the Find My app, there will be a Family album in the Photos app (photos have to be intentionally added to it), a Family Calendar, the ability to share App Store purchases (tap on your profile picture in the upper right, tap purchased, tap a name), etc, by using Family Sharing.

Source: I’m on a 2TB iCloud+ Family plan.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.