You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install MacOS 10.6 on my 2009 iMac?

Hi, I have a early 2009 iMac running macOS 10.5.8 Leopard, and I would like to install a newer version of macOS (obviously). But I have seen that apple has stopped selling the macOS 10.6 installer on their site so I would like to know if there is any way to install it from like a usb drive because I know every thing newer that 10.7 requires 10.6 to install and I want El Capitan. (sorry if this is a bad question to ask, I'm new to the forums)

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 11:24 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 23, 2021 4:22 PM in response to Emlen131

Welcome to the Forum. You did fine on the provided information.

Trust only a disc-based Snow Leopard pack ... any "download" is probably loaded with viruses. They go from $150 to $400+ on eBay or Amazon. I would pay a few more dollars if it is in the shrink-wrap.

Maybe some a member of a local user-group like Java programmers have one sitting collecting dust, and at least that is a real person and a professional instead of an unknown seller.

The "update" (not "upgrade") pack to move basic 10.6 to the version required for App Store is available but I do not have that link ... I asked others for it. Also for links to get El Capitan installers.

Check out eBay and Amazon for now, but I asked the more senior users to look in on this thread to see if they have a shortcut for you.

How do I install MacOS 10.6 on my 2009 iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.