You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

appel tv

if I buy a appel tv can I watch national tv on it or is it just the apps?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 3:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 3:42 AM

it's like an ipad that use your tv as display the only stuff it can display is apps that stream from the internet or from a shared lib on your network, it does not support air broadcasted or cable broadcasted or sat disc broadcasted media, so if your national tv has an app (mine do) you can download that from app store and watch live tv from the internet

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2021 3:42 AM in response to solaaaaaa

it's like an ipad that use your tv as display the only stuff it can display is apps that stream from the internet or from a shared lib on your network, it does not support air broadcasted or cable broadcasted or sat disc broadcasted media, so if your national tv has an app (mine do) you can download that from app store and watch live tv from the internet

Nov 20, 2021 4:40 AM in response to solaaaaaa

All content on Apple TV is delivered through apps. If your national TV network has published an app for Apple TV, then you can watch their content on this device. If a third party app developer has published an app for Apple TV that supports your national TV, then you can watch their content on this device. National TV may or may not require a subscription with a TV provider.

The media landscape and how it is organized, differs a lot per country. For which country are you inquiring?

appel tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.