You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

I am in Uganda where my daughter lives on vacation. If I sign up for Apple TV can I watch shows from here on my computer or iPhone? I want to be able to access abc tv for the Alabama Wisconsin game at 9pm my time tonight.

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 11:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 2:40 AM

Almost all services by US national broadcast TV networks, including ABC, will distribute their content to locations within the US borders. For internet streaming, they mostly check geo-location by IP address. You would not be able to see US content (legally) directly from US networks in Uganda, or anywhere else outside the US – except where licensed by local affiliates.

Signing up for Apple TV+ will not help you to see sports games, regardless of location. Apple TV+ offers a different kind of content.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2020 2:40 AM in response to frankh8189

Almost all services by US national broadcast TV networks, including ABC, will distribute their content to locations within the US borders. For internet streaming, they mostly check geo-location by IP address. You would not be able to see US content (legally) directly from US networks in Uganda, or anywhere else outside the US – except where licensed by local affiliates.

Signing up for Apple TV+ will not help you to see sports games, regardless of location. Apple TV+ offers a different kind of content.

Dec 31, 2019 11:40 PM in response to frankh8189

Apple TV+ is not a TV serivce provider, Apple TV+ is a streaming service. If you would like to view your favorite channels on your phone/computer, you may need to contact your local TV service provider like Comcast, AT&T or Dish. These providers may have an app in the app store that will allow you to watch live TV. Sign in and you can access live TV.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.