You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ sub shared via Family Sharing but Apple TV+ still asking if I want 3 months free

The family organizer just subbed to Apple TV+ and I am a member of the family and we confirmed Apply TV+ was shared.

In my account, Apple TV keeps saying "Your new iPhone is eligible for 3 months free [...]" despite my having it shared from the organizer. Am I supposed to just accept the offer and when 3 months end it will know to start using the organizer's subscription or do I accept, cancel before renewal on my account to avoid double payment, and hopefully, the other subscription will kick in due to sharing?

Confused why this is so difficult and why I can't just say "nah, I don't want this offer, I already have it through the family sharing".

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 5:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 8:24 PM

Figured this out. Apple will still offer the 3 months free or whatever their promotion is. You can just jam the play episode and I guess it'll all be sorted out on the backend but there still is no way to dismiss the promotion.

I assume it'll just stay there forever...

1 reply

Apple TV+ sub shared via Family Sharing but Apple TV+ still asking if I want 3 months free

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.