You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email content not showing on Apple Watch

I am not sure when this started, only within the last few days, but after receiving notification of an email on my Apple Watch viewing the email only shows header and then just white where the content would be, anyone else experiencing this? Thanks

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 3:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 6:27 AM

Hello Jason1609,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, the Mail app shows blank white pages where content should show up. We'll do our best to assist.

Does this only happen when you receive the incoming notification or when you open up the Mail app to view these emails?

Have you tried to remove the Mail app from the Dock? If not, let's try that first: Use the Dock on your Apple Watch

Under section, 'How to remove an app from the Apple Watch Dock'.

Then restart the Apple Watch normally: How to restart your Apple Watch

After removing the app from the Dock and restarting it, test it out a bit.

Should it continue to occur, does it seem specific to an email account? Do you have any of these issues on the paired iPhone?

Wishing you well, take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2021 6:27 AM in response to Jason1609

Hello Jason1609,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, the Mail app shows blank white pages where content should show up. We'll do our best to assist.

Does this only happen when you receive the incoming notification or when you open up the Mail app to view these emails?

Have you tried to remove the Mail app from the Dock? If not, let's try that first: Use the Dock on your Apple Watch

Under section, 'How to remove an app from the Apple Watch Dock'.

Then restart the Apple Watch normally: How to restart your Apple Watch

After removing the app from the Dock and restarting it, test it out a bit.

Should it continue to occur, does it seem specific to an email account? Do you have any of these issues on the paired iPhone?

Wishing you well, take care.

Nov 17, 2021 5:45 AM in response to destiny241

This happens to me too on my Apple Watch series 7. I tried the suggested fix but it did not work. Notifications from the mail app which appear to have HTML content appear as blank white space where content is supposed to be. Tapping on the notification goes to the mail app and the email opens fine. But notifications in HTML still come in with blank white spaces. Restarting the Watch resolves the issue for a short while, and then blank white spaces come back after a few emails received in HTML. See pic for example.

Email content not showing on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.