You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sluggish Syncing of Data on Apple Watch Series 6 Cellular

I have an iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 6 with cellular, and Verizon lines for both of them. The watch is set up and managed with the Apple Watch app on the iPhone. The issue I have is slow to non-existent syncing of more than one Watch app data unless I am near WiFi or my iPhone, not sure which is the trick. Haven't isolated that yet. But shouldn't the data from the cloud be updating my Watch apps, like the app AirVisual (it's an AQI monitoring app) or Mail? These two (and other) apps don't want to seem to want to update over the air using my cellular service. The Message app seems to work fine when I'm out and about without my phone nearby.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 10:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 1:27 AM

Try this;

2 replies

Sep 8, 2021 6:21 AM in response to Community User

Thanks. I was aware of this option, but was hesitating since the Apple instructions seemed to imply that it was a "last resort" action to take. I didn't think I was at that point yet. For example, I thought: "Hey, maybe it's because I synced my new watch to my iPhone before I set it up with my new Verizon line for the Watch? Maybe the iPhone somehow hasn't got the word yet?" Anyway, I wanted to explore other options before I went nuclear.

Sluggish Syncing of Data on Apple Watch Series 6 Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.